Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No break-down


You'll see a trend in my posts. I typically just post all of my weekly write-ups, which I send to a number of fans each week. In those write-ups, I analyze the previous game and break-down the upcoming game - pointing out match-ups to watch for, players expected to step up, and predicted scores.

Well, the BYU/Utah game on Saturday is just too hard for me to break down. It hurt. Last year, a Y friend of mine was throwing smack my way, and I was fine with. I replied simply that the best Y team of all-time had to come behind to beat a Utah team, which had underachieved all year. He said that the close games rip at the heart, and because of his hatred for the U, he'd rather win a close one than a blow-out any day. I said I'd much rather have a blow-out.

But Saturday, I knew what he was talking about. Utah should have won. 4th and 18, and we could have humbled BYU, and put to rest the "Harline is Open" talk for good. But Utah lost the game. They lost it. It wasn't just the blown Cover 2 which kept the miracle drive going which lost it. It was the pathetic play by the offense. It was the mental break-down by the OC (and QB). Utah lost that game. And it still hurts . . .

But, I'd still rather lose as a Utah fan than win as a Y fan. :)

No comments: